About this course
With today’s dispersed workforce, teams need a secure and collaborative environment to share information and manage processes. This is even more critical when external stakeholders such as suppliers and customers participate in the design process. A PLM software is designed to manage complex product information and workflow to facilitate collaboration at many levels.
Anyone that works in a process-oriented environment and uses PLM should take this course.
Number of jobs in the U.S. – 2,000+ (Source: LinkedIn)
U.S. National Average salary – $126,476/year (Source: ZipRecruiter)
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) courses are experience-based and students have a variety of courses that they can choose from depending on their skill level. Upon completion, you will have a strong understanding of PLM concepts and best industry practices.
Prerequisite – None required.
Modules Include: Beginner (1 day)
The Introduction to Teamcenter course introduces the concept of product lifecycle management (PLM) and working in a collaborative environment to share product data. You will become familiar with the rich client user interface and learn the basics of using the Teamcenter® software. These software applications include My Teamcenter, embedded viewer, and Relation Browser. To become familiar with the rich client user interface and learn the basics of using the Teamcenter software. • To learn the basic concepts of product lifecycle management. • To use the rich client user interface to perform basic user tasks. • To create and work with Teamcenter items and item revisions. • To organize, manage, and secure product data. • To use various navigation methods to locate, view, and report on product data.
1. Introductionto Teamcenter 2. Workingin My Teamcenter 3. Workingwith items in Temcenter 4. Viewingand modifying object properties 5. Creatingand managing datasets 6. Applyingdata security practices 7. Performingand managing searches 8. Navigatingthe relation hierarchy of an object 9. Workingin projects Avotrix Teamcenter
Beginner (3 days)
Using Teamcenter introduces the concept of product lifecycle management (PLM), provides instruction on working in the rich client interface, and the basics of using a suite of Teamcenter® software applications and perspectives. These perspectives include My Teamcenter, Structure Manager, Classification, embedded viewer, Change Manager, and Relation Browser. To learn the basics of using Teamcenter and the most commonly used Teamcenter software perspectives. • To learn the basic concepts of product lifecycle management. • To use the rich client user interface to perform basic user tasks, such as creating and working with Teamcenter items and item revisions, and using various navigation methods to locate, view, and report on data. • To organize, manage, and secure product data. • To use Structure Manager to view, build and edit product structure. • To navigate the classification hierarchy and use standard product data in product structures. • To use the embedded viewers within Teamcenter to locate and view visualization data. • To assign tasks, perform tasks, and track the completion of tasks in a workflow process. • To create change objects and track a change object through the change process to completion. • To manage Teamcenter objects using Microsoft Office and live Excel. • To use the thin client to manage and navigate to various Teamcenter objects and functions.
1. Openingand viewing product structures 2. Controllingassembly configuration views 3. Creatingand managing product structures 4. Workingwith product structures 5. Configuringa product structure with variants 6. Navigatingthe relation hierarchy of an object 7. Classifyingand using standard data 8. Viewingand working with visualization files 9. Initiatinga workflow 10. Managingworkflow task assignments 11. ManagingTeamcenter data through Microsoft Office integration 12. UsingChange Manager 13. Creatingand managing change objects 14. Elaboratingand executing the change 15. Workingin the Teamcenter thin client
Beginner to Intermediate (1 Day)
Teamcenter – NX Integration
The Teamcenter Integration for NX Users course addresses using the integration of NX CAD software and Teamcenter product data management to create and manageNX parts and other engineering data. Hands on activities demonstrate various methods of creating, revising, finding, viewing and managing product data. This course is NX CAD Data Management training. You work with simplified geometric items in order to focus on the aspect of managing the development and life cycle of those items. Effective use of the NX Teamcenter Navigator resource bar and other Teamcenter interfaces is emphasized.
1. StartTeamcenter Integration for NX. 2. NXdata creation, storage, access, edit, and sharing. 3. Teamcentercapabilities in NX. 4. NXdata structure and management. 5. Sharingdata and working in a shared assignment.
Intermediate to Advanced (4 days)
The overall objective for this course is to extend the data model by creating business objects, classes, options, list of values, constants, and rules and toconfigure the application for use by creating business data and processes. You will also understand what administrative tasks are done using the Business Modeler IDE and Teamcenter rich client interfaces.
Data Model administration
• To work with data model files and template projects. • To perform data model changes with live data model updates. • To configure the Business Modeler IDE and to execute the basic Business Modeler IDE process. • To create and work with business objects and classes. • To modify properties and attributes. • To create and attach a list of values (LOV) to a property. • To create and configure options. • To create rules for business objects. Application administration • To create an organization. • To configure access permissions and projects to control access. • To configure the working environment and manage preferences. • To create saved queries and report definitions. • To create and manage workflow process templates. • To create and work with PLM XML import and export.
1. BusinessModeller IDE process 2. Businessobjects and properties 3. Listsof values 4. Options,constants, and rules 5. Projecttemplates 6. Liveupdates 7. Users,groups, and roles 8. Preferences 9. Organizations 10. Datasecurity 11. Processtemplates
Intermediate to Advanced (2 days)
The Teamcenter Installation course defines the two-tier and the four-tier architectures and demonstrates how to install the components of these architectures. This includes database server, corporate server, two-tier rich client, the Business Modeler IDE, Web application server, Server Manager, thin client, distribution server, distribution server instance, four-tier rich client, the embedded viewer, NX Integration, FSC cache server, Dispatcher, Store and Forward, and creation of an additional site.
• Overview of Teamcenter terms and concepts • Use rich client user interface to perform basic tasks • Locate, view, and report on product data • Create Teamcenter items and update properties • Protect and access product data • Work in projects • View, build, and edit product structure • Use standard product data in product structures • Configure product structure with variants • Locate and view visualization data and perform basic mark-up and measurement functions • Assign tasks, perform tasks, and track the completion of tasks in a workflow process • Find, interrogate, and create change objects • Verify the change configuration • Create, edit and analyses data using Microsoft Office integration • Overview of thin client