About this course
An ETL Developer is responsible for extracting, transforming, and loading data, assessing data storage needs, as well as troubleshooting. Proficiency in ETL is essential if you want to work in this field because it serves as a foundation for all tasks. In addition, familiarity with ETL tools, knowledge and proficiency in different process types and advance coding sills are highly desirable to be successful in this field.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for Database Administrators, which includes ETL Developers, is expected to increase 11 percent through 2024. This growth is driven by the increase in data usage by companies worldwide resulting in an increase in the need for ETL Developers. This course can be taken by beginners interested in database management as well as software professionals.
Number of jobs in the U.S. – 5,000+ (Source: LinkedIn)
U.S. National Average salary – $110,861/year (Source: ZipRecruiter)
This course covers step by step concepts of data warehousing and business intelligence fundamentals, SQL basics, and using ETL Tools to extract, transform and load data.
Prerequisite – None required. Knowledge of databases like Oracle, MySQL helpful.
• Data Warehouse Concepts, Architecture and Components • ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) Process • ETL vs ELT: Must Know Differences • Data Modelling 1. Conceptual 2. Logical 3. Physical Data Models • OLAP vs MOLAP (Multidimensional Online Analytical Processing) • OLTP vs OLAP: What’s the Difference? • Dimensional Model in Data Warehouse? • Star and Snow Flake Schema in Data Warehousing • Data Mart, Types & Example • Data Warehouse vs Data Mart • Data Lake & It’s Architecture • Data Lake vs Data Warehouse: Know the Difference • Business Intelligence? Definition & Example • Data Mining Process, Techniques, Tools & Examples
• Introduction to SQL • Installing Database Management tool and creating database • Creating a table and inserting data • Querying the table • Aggregating data • Modifying/ updating the tables using queries • Project: Design a store database
• Overview of Pentaho , SSIS and Informatica • Data integration in general
Setting up Pentaho
• Setting up the environment 1. Install and operate the data integration withpentahokettle. 2. Including database management and profiling the database as a source. 3. PDI,jdbcdrivers and other libraries • Pentaho kettle environment Walkthrough
Working with Pentaho
• Full data integration with Pentaho kettle 1. Setting up repository 2. Difference between Job and Transformation 3. Reading Data using different Input steps 4. Setting up variables and parameters 5. Calculations and string functions 6. Loading data to different destination servers, flat files, excele.t.c 7. Automating the jobs using schedulerand alsousing command line for linux environment • Project overview and detailed design • Create your own project with Pentaho • Step-by-step guidance for Project 1. Connect to various data sources 2. Data conversion and Manipulation 3. Work with variables 4. Load data to destination tables.
Final Phase: Deploying the project
• Deploy the project. • Error logging and handling • Performance monitoring